Troops Recapture Anbar Town; 120 Killed Across Iraq
Canada has announced that it will cease its bombing campaigns and withdraw six warplanes from Iraq and Syria. Surveillance and refueling planes will remain. The number of troops training Kurdish soldiers will be increased.
Baghdad will deploy additional troops to a base near Mosul. Kurdish officials say that 4,500 servicemembers will be stationed at the Makhmour frontlines. The transfer is part of early preparations for the recapture of Mosul.
At least 120 were killed and 30 were wounded:
In Baghdad, a bomb near shops killed one person and wounded seven more.
Four policemen were wounded when a roadside bomb exploded in Jurf al-Sakhar.
In Muqdadiya, a bomb wounded two security personnel.
Eighteen militants were killed during operations in Albu Shejil.
Airstrikes killed seven militants, including a Daesh leader, in Albu Bali.
Six militants were killed in clashes in Falluja.
Security forces killed five militants in the Makhoul Mountains.
Three militants were killed in Fatha.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Child Among Execution Victims; 68 Killed in Iraq – July 28th, 2016
- Mass Grave Found in Fallujah; 125 Killed in Iraq – July 27th, 2016
- 74 Killed in Iraq, Including Family Fleeing ISIS – July 26th, 2016
- Bomber Strike East of Baghdad; 138 Killed in Iraq – July 25th, 2016
- 164 Killed in Iraq; Bombers Strike near Shi’ite Shrine – July 24th, 2016