Troops Recapture Anbar Town; 120 Killed Across Iraq
Canada has announced that it will cease its bombing campaigns and withdraw six warplanes from Iraq and Syria. Surveillance and refueling planes will remain. The number of troops training Kurdish soldiers will be increased.
Baghdad will deploy additional troops to a base near Mosul. Kurdish officials say that 4,500 servicemembers will be stationed at the Makhmour frontlines. The transfer is part of early preparations for the recapture of Mosul.
At least 120 were killed and 30 were wounded:
In Baghdad, a bomb near shops killed one person and wounded seven more.
Four policemen were wounded when a roadside bomb exploded in Jurf al-Sakhar.
In Muqdadiya, a bomb wounded two security personnel.
Eighteen militants were killed during operations in Albu Shejil.
Airstrikes killed seven militants, including a Daesh leader, in Albu Bali.
Six militants were killed in clashes in Falluja.
Security forces killed five militants in the Makhoul Mountains.
Three militants were killed in Fatha.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- No End in Sight for Executioners; 256 Killed in Iraq – October 26th, 2016
- Rampant Executions in Mosul Theater; 244 Killed in Iraq – October 25th, 2016
- ISIS Captures City; 482 Killed Across Iraq – October 24th, 2016
- 418 Killed as Security Forces Capture Several Towns in Northern Iraq – October 23rd, 2016
- 598 Killed in Iraq; Hundreds Sickened by Sulfur Fumes – October 22nd, 2016