Canada has announced that it will cease its bombing campaigns and withdraw six warplanes from Iraq and Syria. Surveillance and refueling planes will remain. The number of troops training Kurdish soldiers will be increased.
Baghdad will deploy additional troops to a base near Mosul. Kurdish officials say that 4,500 servicemembers will be stationed at the Makhmour frontlines. The transfer is part of early preparations for the recapture of Mosul.
At least 120 were killed and 30 were wounded:
In Baghdad, a bomb near shops killed one person and wounded seven more.
Four policemen were wounded when a roadside bomb exploded in Jurf al-Sakhar.
In Muqdadiya, a bomb wounded two security personnel.
Eighteen militants were killed during operations in Albu Shejil.
Airstrikes killed seven militants, including a Daesh leader, in Albu Bali.
Six militants were killed in clashes in Falluja.
Security forces killed five militants in the Makhoul Mountains.
Three militants were killed in Fatha.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Danish Troops Accused of Firing on Shi’ite Militia; 19 Killed in Iraq – September 24th, 2018
- Fresh Operations Against ISIS; 37 Killed in Iraq – September 23rd, 2018
- Village Mayor Among 20 Killed in Iraq – September 21st, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Operations Near Syrian Border; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2018
- Kirkuk Blast Targets Political Party; 24 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2018