259 Killed in Iraq as Heavy Clashes Takes place in Anbar
During the World Economic Forum, Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi requested more Coalition trainers to instruct policemen, particularly in Sunni areas, to keep the peace and prevent the Islamic State militants from returning.
The United States has agreed to sell Iraq $1.95 billion worth in armaments.
Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu insisted that Ankara is respecting Iraq’s sovereignty despite refusing to remove unwanted troops from northern Iraq.
At least 259 were killed and 12 were wounded:
In Tal Msheihda, a suicide bomber killed five security personnel and wounded 11 more.
In Falluja, militants executed 10 young boys for fleeing a Daesh training camp.
Militants executed a civilian for evacuating families from Hit.
A policeman was wounded during a shooting in Mandali.
During operations across Diyala, 92 militants were killed.
Airstrikes killed 53 militants north of Ramadi.
In Sajariya, 27 militants were killed.
Jabour tribesmen killed 12 militants in Qayara.
In Fat’ha, at least nine militants were killed in battles.
In Mosul, militants killed three of their own.
At least two more suicide bombers were reported in Anbar.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bomber Strike East of Baghdad; 138 Killed in Iraq – July 25th, 2016
- 164 Killed in Iraq; Bombers Strike near Shi’ite Shrine – July 24th, 2016
- 78 Killed in Iraq; Bombs Rattle Baghdad, Shirqat – July 23rd, 2016
- Sadr Militia to Fight in Mosul; 29 Killed in Iraq – July 22nd, 2016
- More Exposure Deaths near Shirqat; 37 Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2016