142 Killed in Iraq; Three Americans Missing
The American Embassy in Baghdad confirmed that several U.S. citizens are missing in Iraq. Local media is reporting that militiamen kidnapped three American contractors over the weekend as the trio headed to Baghdad International Airport. Two of the contractors are believed to hold dual Iraqi and U.S. citizenship, which the third was described as a U.S. national. Their translator may also have been abducted.
At least 142 were killed and 45 were wounded:
During clashes in Sajariya and Juwiba, four security personnel were killed and 25 were wounded; 40 militants were also killed.
Militants executed six more civilians in Hajj Ali than was previously reported.
Two people were killed and nine were wounded in a blast in Mahmoudiya.
In Mosul, three women were burned to death on charges of spying.
In Husayba, security forces killed 31 militants.
Twenty militants were killed during a failed attack on Mkesheifa.
Coalition strikes on Rashid left 12 militants dead and 10 wounded.
Shi’ite militiamen killed 10 militants in Salam.
Ten militants were killed during clashes in al-Jeraishi and Albu Ziab.
In Albu Soda, three militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Execution Filmed; 131 Killed in Iraq – September 28th, 2016
- Bombers Kill, Wound Scores in Baghdad; 83 Killed Across Iraq – September 27th, 2016
- Fighting Ramps up in Anbar province; 112 Killed in Iraq – September 26th, 2016
- Mass Executions in Mosul; 145 Killed in Iraq – September 25th, 2016
- Attack on Security Chiefs near Tikrit; 87 Killed in Iraq – September 24th, 2016