The American Embassy in Baghdad confirmed that several U.S. citizens are missing in Iraq. Local media is reporting that militiamen kidnapped three American contractors over the weekend as the trio headed to Baghdad International Airport. Two of the contractors are believed to hold dual Iraqi and U.S. citizenship, which the third was described as a U.S. national. Their translator may also have been abducted.
At least 142 were killed and 45 were wounded:
During clashes in Sajariya and Juwiba, four security personnel were killed and 25 were wounded; 40 militants were also killed.
Militants executed six more civilians in Hajj Ali than was previously reported.
Two people were killed and nine were wounded in a blast in Mahmoudiya.
In Mosul, three women were burned to death on charges of spying.
In Husayba, security forces killed 31 militants.
Twenty militants were killed during a failed attack on Mkesheifa.
Coalition strikes on Rashid left 12 militants dead and 10 wounded.
Shi’ite militiamen killed 10 militants in Salam.
Ten militants were killed during clashes in al-Jeraishi and Albu Ziab.
In Albu Soda, three militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Ambushes Shi’ite Militiamen near Kirkuk; 31 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2018
- ISIS Widows Sentenced to Death, Prison; Eight Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2018
- Another Mass Grave Found South of Mosul; 116 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2018
- Security Forces Battle ISIS near Mosul; 23 Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2018
- Airstrikes Target ISIS near Mosul; 15 Killed in Iraq – February 14th, 2018