The American Embassy in Baghdad confirmed that several U.S. citizens are missing in Iraq. Local media is reporting that militiamen kidnapped three American contractors over the weekend as the trio headed to Baghdad International Airport. Two of the contractors are believed to hold dual Iraqi and U.S. citizenship, which the third was described as a U.S. national. Their translator may also have been abducted.
At least 142 were killed and 45 were wounded:
During clashes in Sajariya and Juwiba, four security personnel were killed and 25 were wounded; 40 militants were also killed.
Militants executed six more civilians in Hajj Ali than was previously reported.
Two people were killed and nine were wounded in a blast in Mahmoudiya.
In Mosul, three women were burned to death on charges of spying.
In Husayba, security forces killed 31 militants.
Twenty militants were killed during a failed attack on Mkesheifa.
Coalition strikes on Rashid left 12 militants dead and 10 wounded.
Shi’ite militiamen killed 10 militants in Salam.
Ten militants were killed during clashes in al-Jeraishi and Albu Ziab.
In Albu Soda, three militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- VP of Iraqi Olympic Committee Kidnapped; 13 Killed in Iraq – April 24th, 2018
- ISIS Threatens Polling Stations; Four Killed in Iraq – April 23rd, 2018
- Iraqi Forces Kill 40 Militants in and Near Syria; 20 Found in Mass Grave in Mosul – April 22nd, 2018
- 60 Militants Found in Mosul Grave; 20 Killed in Iraq – April 21st, 2018
- New Zealand Sends Fresh Troops; Five Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2018