The American Embassy in Baghdad confirmed that several U.S. citizens are missing in Iraq. Local media is reporting that militiamen kidnapped three American contractors over the weekend as the trio headed to Baghdad International Airport. Two of the contractors are believed to hold dual Iraqi and U.S. citizenship, which the third was described as a U.S. national. Their translator may also have been abducted.
At least 142 were killed and 45 were wounded:
During clashes in Sajariya and Juwiba, four security personnel were killed and 25 were wounded; 40 militants were also killed.
Militants executed six more civilians in Hajj Ali than was previously reported.
Two people were killed and nine were wounded in a blast in Mahmoudiya.
In Mosul, three women were burned to death on charges of spying.
In Husayba, security forces killed 31 militants.
Twenty militants were killed during a failed attack on Mkesheifa.
Coalition strikes on Rashid left 12 militants dead and 10 wounded.
Shi’ite militiamen killed 10 militants in Salam.
Ten militants were killed during clashes in al-Jeraishi and Albu Ziab.
In Albu Soda, three militants were killed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Female Turkmen Politician Killed; 143 Killed in Iraq – May 29th, 2017
- Hostages Executed at Mosul Hospital; 176 Killed in Iraq – May 28th, 2017
- Iraq Repatriates 1980s War Dead to Iran; 58 Killed in Iraq – May 27th, 2017
- Witnesses Dispute Airstrike Report; 89 Killed in Iraq – May 26th, 2017
- Thousands Kidnapped for Use as Human Shields; 83 Killed in Iraq – May 25th, 2017