Baghdad ordered Turkey to remove troops that were sent recently into Iraq. Turkey says the troops are there to train Kurdish Peshmerga. This may be a cause of Baghdad’s suddenly harsh tone. The camp in question is in a disputed area near Mosul, while other Turkish troops are stationed within official Kurdistan territory.
At least 95 were killed and 30 were wounded:
In Baghdad, a bomb near a Jisr Diyala cafe left two dead and eight wounded.
A bomb in Taji wounded seven civilians.
In Husayba, security forces killed 30 militants.
Fifteen militants were wounded during airstrike on Qayara.
French airstrikes killed 10 militants and wounded 15 more.
Near Ramadi, security forces killed 10 militants.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019