Despite not completely securing Baiji, Iraqi forces say they have now pushed as far north as Zawiya on the main Baghdad to Mosul highway. The hope is that this strategy will cut supply lines towards Hawija and Kirkuk.
An American drone aircraft crashed in Wasit province. No casualties were reported.
At least 22 were killed and two were wounded:
In Mosul, militants executed two lawyers.
A landmine planted in the recently liberated village of Albu Mohammed exploded, wounding one Peshmerga member.
Gunmen wounded a policeman in Jbela.
In Qayara, 11 militants were killed.
Three militants were killed at the refinery in Baiji.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019
- ISIS Executes Another Truffle Hunter; Two People Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2019
- Tribal Fighting Leaves Casualties; Five Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2019