Iraq security forces claim to have taken back most of Baiji and the refinery. They have done so in the past only to lose control of the area again. Security forces have also made advances in the Ramadi region. The number of casualties in these battles was not reported.
At least 72 were killed and 11 were wounded across Iraq:
In Mosul, militants executed two mayors and three artists. A bomb blast south of the city left five militants dead. A senior militant commander and eight aides were killed in a strike.
One person was killed and seven more were wounded in a blast in Mahmoudiya.
A bomb near shops in Yusufiya killed a woman and wounded four others.
An airstrike in Hawija killed 20 militants.
Militants in Qayara executed 14 of their own for fleeing battles in Baiji.
Twelve militants were killed in the Thar Thar region.
Three militants were killed in Asriya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Member Among Two Dead in Iraq – December 9th, 2018
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Targets; 12 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2018
- ISIS Grave Gives up 50 Bodies; Two Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2018
- Protesters Attempt to Storm Basra Governor’s Office; 16 Killed in Iraq – December 4th, 2018
- Four Killed in Iraq – December 2nd, 2018