Iraq security forces claim to have taken back most of Baiji and the refinery. They have done so in the past only to lose control of the area again. Security forces have also made advances in the Ramadi region. The number of casualties in these battles was not reported.
At least 72 were killed and 11 were wounded across Iraq:
In Mosul, militants executed two mayors and three artists. A bomb blast south of the city left five militants dead. A senior militant commander and eight aides were killed in a strike.
One person was killed and seven more were wounded in a blast in Mahmoudiya.
A bomb near shops in Yusufiya killed a woman and wounded four others.
An airstrike in Hawija killed 20 militants.
Militants in Qayara executed 14 of their own for fleeing battles in Baiji.
Twelve militants were killed in the Thar Thar region.
Three militants were killed in Asriya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Truffle Hunters Executed; 17 Killed in Iraq – February 19th, 2019
- Fresh Dangers for Truffle Hunters; 12 Killed in Iraq – February 18th, 2019
- Attack at Military Base Near Kirkuk; 11 Killed in Iraq – February 17th, 2019
- Elderly Shrine Tender Among Eight Killed in Iraq – February 16th, 2019
- More Truffle Gatherers Kidnapped; Four Killed in Iraq – February 15th, 2019