Demonstrator among 117 Killed in Iraq
At least 117 people were killed in Iraq, including one protestor killed during a demonstration in Iraqi Kurdistan. At least 75 other were wounded. The number of casualties in Friday’s mortar attack on Baquba was adjusted higher.
One demonstrator was shot dead and five others were wounded in Qaladize, a city in Iraqi Kurdistan. The protestors were throwing stones near the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) offices in Qaladize, when shots were fired.
Authorities now say that at least 35 people were killed and 45 were wounded in Friday’s mortar attack on Baquba. Those figures are higher by seven dead and 19 wounded than yesterday’s preliminary numbers.
A bomb planted in a car in Diwaniya killed a former brigadier general.
A former police chief of Baaj was kidnapped in Mosul.
In Albu Gelaib, 38 militants were killed.
Six militants were killed and 21 were wounded when airstrikes were launched on Rashad.
In Sinjar, six militant leaders were bombed to death.
Six militants were killed in Tel Abu Jarad.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mortar Attack on Baquba; 131 Killed across Iraq – October 8th, 2015
- Dozens Executed in Mosul, 86 Killed across Iraq – October 7th, 2015
- 49 Killed in Iraq; Militants Execute Deserters – October 6th, 2015
- Bombers Strike across Iraq; 191 Killed, 116 Wounded – October 5th, 2015
- Cholera Spreads in Iraq; 72 Killed in Battles – October 4th, 2015