Dozens Executed in Mosul, 86 Killed across Iraq
Security forces recaptured several more neighborhoods in the Ramadi area. If progress continues at this pace, Anbar provincial councilman Adhal Fahdawi believes that they may recover all of Ramadi by the end of the October.
At least 86 were killed and 32 were wounded in fresh violence:
In Mosul, militants executed 33 people, both civilians and security forces.
A policeman was killed in a mortar attack in Baiji.
A roadside bomb in Mahmoudiya wounded four civilians.
At least 14 militants were killed and 12 were wounded in strikes between Hawija and Makhmour.
Fifteen militants were killed in Badush.
An airstrike on Waliya village left 10 militants dead.
Security forces killed eight militants and wounded three more in Garma.
Three militants were killed in a strike on Qibak village.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 49 Killed in Iraq; Militants Execute Deserters – October 6th, 2015
- Bombers Strike across Iraq; 191 Killed, 116 Wounded – October 5th, 2015
- Cholera Spreads in Iraq; 72 Killed in Battles – October 4th, 2015
- 89 Killed in Iraq as Bombers Strike near Baghdad Shrine – October 3rd, 2015
- 36 Killed in Iraq; Embedded Journalist Wounded – October 2nd, 2015