German BND Chief Gerhard Schindler said intelligence agents have evidence of mustard gas deployment by the Islamic State militants.
At least 47 were killed and 18 more were injured in more recent attacks. Scores were kidnapped:
In Mosul, militants kidnapped 127 children in order to train them for military service. One father killed two militants while trying to protect his son. Forty men were arrested for not growing their bears. Five men were flogged for smoking. An Iraqi woman has reportedly killed a militant commander for forcing her into sex slavery. A militant leader was shot to death.
One bodyguard was wounded when snipers near Baiji shot at a convoy carrying Defense Minister Khaled al-Obeidi.
In Hamriya, a woman and child were wounded when they approached soldiers intending to turn themselves over. They had escaped her militant husband, but the soldiers thought they were suicide bombers.
A policeman was wounded during a shooting in Hayy.
Clashes broke out near Fallujah University where 14 militants were killed and nine security members were wounded.
At the Abu Ajil gas fields, 13 militants were killed.
Eight militants were killed near Speicher Base.
In Fatha, four militants were killed.
Two militants were killed in Kubeisa.
Security forces killed a wali in Samarra.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Anti-ISIS Operations Near Syrian Border; 16 Killed in Iraq – September 20th, 2018
- Kirkuk Blast Targets Political Party; 24 Killed in Iraq – September 19th, 2018
- Roadside Bombs Target Buses; 18 Killed in Iraq – September 18th, 2018
- Water Sickens Baghdad Soccer Team in Basra; 14 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – September 17th, 2018
- Troops Deployed to Turkish Border; 20 Killed in Iraq – September 16th, 2018