The Australian Foreign Minister Julie Bishop says that the Islamic State militants are using chlorine as a weapon.
At least 206 were killed and 79 were wounded:
A blast at a Balad Ruz market left 15 dead and 38 wounded.
A bomb in Taji killed two people and wounded five more.
Mortars struck the Habaniya air force base, killing three soldiers and wounding eight more.
In Ramadi, seventeen worshippers were arrested by militants on charges of cooperation with security forces.
A failed attack on Nadhim al-Taqseem, near Falluja, left 21 militants dead, including four suicide bombers.
Forty militants were killed killed in Qaim.
Six militants were killed in Garma.
In Zobaa, five militants were killed.
Security forces in Khalidiya killed a sniper and a militant leader.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- US Soldier Among 25 Killed in Iraq – April 24th, 2019
- Continuing anti-ISIS Operations; Five Killed in Iraq – April 23rd, 2019
- Team Exhuming Mass Grave Fired On; Nine Killed in Iraq – April 22nd, 2019
- U.S. Service Member Among 17 Killed in Iraq – April 20th, 2019
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019