The refugee crisis within Iraq only grows worse. Many Sunni Arabs are prevented from traveling not only into Kurdish Iraq but also into Shi’ite Iraq. Those that have made it to refugee camps lack sufficient supplies and food aid may run out in February.
Militants in Hit warned the populace that anyone who can and does not join them to fight Iraqi security forces will receive 80 lashes. The same and worse is occurring in Mosul where militants are demanding that doctors work for them. Many have already been executed.
In Mosul, militants blew up a Catholic church.
At least 45 people were killed. No wounded were reported.
In al-Baghdadi, 23 militants were killed.
Nine militants were killed in Albu Nasser.
In Falluja, six militants were killed.
Four militants were killed in Sinjar.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- More Yazidi Victims Found in Mass Graves; 97 Killed in Iraq – December 16th, 2017
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017