At least 42 people were killed and 31 more were wounded in mostly scattered violence. The most gruesome attack was a home invasion in Samarra.
Army helicopters shelled a home belonging to an opposition Sunni tribal leader in Garma and killed four civilians.
Several soldiers were killed or wounded in a suicide attack in Ramadi.
At least four more militants were killed in the province.
In Mosul, a suicide bomber killed three servicemembers and wounded five more at a joint checkpoint. Gunmen killed two policemen. South of the city a suicide bomber killed one soldier and wounded three more. Two soldiers were gunned down.
Militant attacked the home of a Sahwa leader in Samarra, where they killed his wife, two other women, and two sons; four sons and seven guards were also wounded. Police at a nearby checkpoint had fled when they ran out of ammunition. At least 15 carloads of militants were involved. The wife was beheaded.
Three bodies were found dumped in the Diyala River.
The owner of a money exchange was shot dead and his cousin was wounded at the shop in Shirqat.
In Baquba, gunmen killed a civilian and wounded another.
Gunmen in Hibhib killed a Sahwa member and wounded another.
Nine people were wounded in Tuz Khormato when police tried to disarm a bomb.
In al-Jazira al-Rabeaa, gunmen killed a truck driver.
At least two bodies were found in the Euphrates River near Jurf al-Sakhar.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Airstrikes Leave Kurdish Fatalities; 14 Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2018
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018