At least 42 people were killed and 31 more were wounded in mostly scattered violence. The most gruesome attack was a home invasion in Samarra.
Army helicopters shelled a home belonging to an opposition Sunni tribal leader in Garma and killed four civilians.
Several soldiers were killed or wounded in a suicide attack in Ramadi.
At least four more militants were killed in the province.
In Mosul, a suicide bomber killed three servicemembers and wounded five more at a joint checkpoint. Gunmen killed two policemen. South of the city a suicide bomber killed one soldier and wounded three more. Two soldiers were gunned down.
Militant attacked the home of a Sahwa leader in Samarra, where they killed his wife, two other women, and two sons; four sons and seven guards were also wounded. Police at a nearby checkpoint had fled when they ran out of ammunition. At least 15 carloads of militants were involved. The wife was beheaded.
Three bodies were found dumped in the Diyala River.
The owner of a money exchange was shot dead and his cousin was wounded at the shop in Shirqat.
In Baquba, gunmen killed a civilian and wounded another.
Gunmen in Hibhib killed a Sahwa member and wounded another.
Nine people were wounded in Tuz Khormato when police tried to disarm a bomb.
In al-Jazira al-Rabeaa, gunmen killed a truck driver.
At least two bodies were found in the Euphrates River near Jurf al-Sakhar.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018