Although the situation in Anbar province is still critical, a series of evening bombings in Baghdad left the largest number of casualties today. At least 46 were killed and 68 more were wounded.
In Qaim, one policeman was killed and two others were wounded in a roadside bombing.
Four militants were killed in Falluja.
A suicide bomber was killed in Haditha, but the number of victims was not reported.
A blast on a commercial street in Amin killed four and wounded 13 more. In Qahira, a bomb killed three people and wounded six more at a falafel restaurant. Four people were killed and 14 more were wounded on a commercial street in Amil. Four people were killed and 10 were wounded in a Shoala/Hurriya area blast. Security forces also killed a militant. Two snipers were killed in Amiriya, where another bombing was reported.
In Sadr City, a bombing left one dead and six wounded.
A car bombing in downtown Tikrit left seven dead and 15 wounded.
A policeman was wounded in a shooting in Jalawla.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Muqdadiya.
A civilian was gunned down in Imam Weis.
A kidnapping victim was rescued in Ishaqi.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Baghdad Drops Bombs on ISIS in Syria; Five Killed in Iraq – April 19th, 2018
- Mosul Courts Sentence Hundreds of Militants to Death; 13 Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2018
- Four ISIS Women Sentenced to Death; 10 Killed in Iraq – April 17th, 2018
- Iraqi Government Executes Terror Convicts; 52 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2018
- Bomb Targets Election Candidate; Two Killed in Iraq – April 15th, 2018