At least 38 people were killed and 68 more were wounded in the latest violence. These figures include the updated figures from yesterday bombing in Rawa.
A suicide bomber near Rawa killed three security personnel and wounded six civilians. The number of casualties in yesterday’s wedding bombing rose by two deaths and 15 wounded to a total of 18 dead and 18 injured.
Four militants were killed in Mowadhafeen.
In Falluja, military artillery and mortar shells killed two civilians and wounded seven others.
A bomb killed an officer and wounded three others in Qaim.
Gunmen in Ta’amim killed a civilian.
Two people were killed and seven more were wounded in Taji, when a bomb exploded.
In Saniya, two security members were killed and four more were wounded in an operation that also left an al-Qaeda leader dead.
Gunmen attacked a Muqdadiya checkpoint where they killed a policeman and a Sahwa member.
A policeman was gunned down in Tikrit.
In Hawija, a roadside bomb wounded four people.
Six militants were killed during an operation in Latifiya.
A militant was killed in Albu Aldo.
A kidnapped girl was liberated in Hilla.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Civilian Casualties in Battle at Kurdish Border; 67 Killed in Iraq – October 20th, 2017
- Security Forces Shoot Protesters in Kirkuk, Khanaqin; 18 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2017
- Peshmerga Casualty Figures Raised; 90 Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2017
- Kurds Begin Return Home to Kirkuk; Eight Killed in Iraq – October 17th, 2017
- Kurds Flee as Baghdad Captures Kirkuk; 60 Killed, 133 Wounded – October 16th, 2017