38 Killed, 68 Wounded in Iraq Attacks
At least 38 people were killed and 68 more were wounded in the latest violence. These figures include the updated figures from yesterday bombing in Rawa.
A suicide bomber near Rawa killed three security personnel and wounded six civilians. The number of casualties in yesterday’s wedding bombing rose by two deaths and 15 wounded to a total of 18 dead and 18 injured.
Four militants were killed in Mowadhafeen.
In Falluja, military artillery and mortar shells killed two civilians and wounded seven others.
A bomb killed an officer and wounded three others in Qaim.
Gunmen in Ta’amim killed a civilian.
Two people were killed and seven more were wounded in Taji, when a bomb exploded.
In Saniya, two security members were killed and four more were wounded in an operation that also left an al-Qaeda leader dead.
Gunmen attacked a Muqdadiya checkpoint where they killed a policeman and a Sahwa member.
A policeman was gunned down in Tikrit.
In Hawija, a roadside bomb wounded four people.
Six militants were killed during an operation in Latifiya.
A militant was killed in Albu Aldo.
A kidnapped girl was liberated in Hilla.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bombs and Battles Kill 243, Wound 139 Across Iraq – October 20th, 2014
- 146 Are Killed in Battles and Bombings Across Iraq – October 19th, 2014
- New Iraq Ministers Selected, As 294 Are Killed – October 18th, 2014
- No Halt in Baghdad Bombings; 142 Killed, 122 Wounded Across Iraq – October 17th, 2014
- As Bombers Strike Baghdad, Bodies Pile-up in Tikrit; 121 Killed, 157 Wounded – October 16th, 2014