38 Killed, 68 Wounded in Iraq Attacks
At least 38 people were killed and 68 more were wounded in the latest violence. These figures include the updated figures from yesterday bombing in Rawa.
A suicide bomber near Rawa killed three security personnel and wounded six civilians. The number of casualties in yesterday’s wedding bombing rose by two deaths and 15 wounded to a total of 18 dead and 18 injured.
Four militants were killed in Mowadhafeen.
In Falluja, military artillery and mortar shells killed two civilians and wounded seven others.
A bomb killed an officer and wounded three others in Qaim.
Gunmen in Ta’amim killed a civilian.
Two people were killed and seven more were wounded in Taji, when a bomb exploded.
In Saniya, two security members were killed and four more were wounded in an operation that also left an al-Qaeda leader dead.
Gunmen attacked a Muqdadiya checkpoint where they killed a policeman and a Sahwa member.
A policeman was gunned down in Tikrit.
In Hawija, a roadside bomb wounded four people.
Six militants were killed during an operation in Latifiya.
A militant was killed in Albu Aldo.
A kidnapped girl was liberated in Hilla.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 274 Killed Across Iraq As Mosul Residents Defy ISIS – July 28th, 2014
- Bloody Sunday in Iraq: 374 Killed, 78 Wounded – July 27th, 2014
- Sunni Politican Mysteriously Detained; 312 Killed Across Iraq – July 26th, 2014
- Sistani Reiterates Plea For Maliki To Quit; 45 Killed Across Iraq – July 25th, 2014
- ISIS Blows Up Tombs in Mosul; 147 Killed Across Iraq – July 24th, 2014