At least 39 people were killed today in Iraq, while another 41 were wounded. Outside of the Anbar war zone, the deadliest place was Mosul where a number of suicide bombers were killed or blew themselves up.
A landmine killed four soldiers and wounded three more in Amiriyat al-Falluja.
An army commander was wounded during a clash in Khalidiya.
In Mosul, two suicide bombers killed five people and wounded seven more. An army officer hugged a suicide bomber as the bomber detonated his explosives; another militant was wounded. Gunmen killed two civilians in separate attacks. Security forces killed two suicide bombers.
Two blasts in Baquba left two dead and eight wounded.
A roadside bomb killed two security officers and wounded three more in Baiji.
A roadside bomb targeting a Sahwa patrol in Samarra killed a woman and a child instead.
A bomb on a minibus in Sadr City left two dead and four wounded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018