At least 39 people were killed today in Iraq, while another 41 were wounded. Outside of the Anbar war zone, the deadliest place was Mosul where a number of suicide bombers were killed or blew themselves up.
A landmine killed four soldiers and wounded three more in Amiriyat al-Falluja.
An army commander was wounded during a clash in Khalidiya.
In Mosul, two suicide bombers killed five people and wounded seven more. An army officer hugged a suicide bomber as the bomber detonated his explosives; another militant was wounded. Gunmen killed two civilians in separate attacks. Security forces killed two suicide bombers.
Two blasts in Baquba left two dead and eight wounded.
A roadside bomb killed two security officers and wounded three more in Baiji.
A roadside bomb targeting a Sahwa patrol in Samarra killed a woman and a child instead.
A bomb on a minibus in Sadr City left two dead and four wounded.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017