At least 44 people were killed and 60 more were wounded across Iraq in today’s attacks. A number of people were harmed in the ongoing situation in Anbar province. Also, a candidate was assassinated in northern Iraq.
In Ramadi, a suicide bomber used a stolen police Humvee to cross a checkpoint and then wounded 14 people when he detonated his explosives. A car bomb killed nine soldiers and wounded 10 more. A bomb wounded five civilians. Gunmen killed four soldiers.
Two gunmen were killed in Falluja. Two soldiers were killed and four more were wounded in clashes. Shelling left two dead and four wounded, all women or children.
In Baghdad, a blast on a commercial street left six dead and 14 wounded in Qahira.
A roadside bomb in Baquba killed an army commander and two others, while also wounding six more.
Bombs wounded three people across Tikrit.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- HRW Calls on Baghdad to Admit to Holding Prisoners; 25 Killed in Iraq – July 22nd, 2018
- Peshmerga Forces Beaten at Checkpoint; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 21st, 2018
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018