At least 44 people were killed and 60 more were wounded across Iraq in today’s attacks. A number of people were harmed in the ongoing situation in Anbar province. Also, a candidate was assassinated in northern Iraq.
In Ramadi, a suicide bomber used a stolen police Humvee to cross a checkpoint and then wounded 14 people when he detonated his explosives. A car bomb killed nine soldiers and wounded 10 more. A bomb wounded five civilians. Gunmen killed four soldiers.
Two gunmen were killed in Falluja. Two soldiers were killed and four more were wounded in clashes. Shelling left two dead and four wounded, all women or children.
In Baghdad, a blast on a commercial street left six dead and 14 wounded in Qahira.
A roadside bomb in Baquba killed an army commander and two others, while also wounding six more.
Bombs wounded three people across Tikrit.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018
- Militiaman Shoots P.M.’s Security Officer; 32 Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2018
- Scattered ISIS Attacks near Kirkuk; 54 Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2018