Prominent Sheikh Among 34 Killed, Another 40 Iraqis Wounded
At least 34 were killed and 40 more were wounded across Iraq. Residents are apparently returning to Ramadi even though clashes and shelling continued in the city.
In Hit, a suicide bomber wounded at least 12 people.
Four people were wounded, including children, when a shell struck their home in Falluja.
Three policemen were killed and eight more were wounded when gunmen attacked their checkpoint in al-Sehaji.
Gunmen killed three people and wounded a woman in an orchard near Baquba.
Gunmen killed two Peshmerga members in Diyala province.
In Mosul, a bomb targeting Peshmerga members killed a civilian and wounded another instead.
A doctor was shot to death in Basra.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Shi’ite Militia Accused of Kidnapping; 91 Killed in Iraq – February 12th, 2016
- Thousands Homeless in Anbar; 72 Killed in Iraq – February 11th, 2016
- 96 Killed Across Iraq as Fighting Shifts West of Ramadi – February 10th, 2016
- Security Forces Finish Securing Ramadi; 285 Killed in Iraq – February 9th, 2016
- Troops Recapture Anbar Town; 120 Killed Across Iraq – February 8th, 2016