Prominent Sheikh Among 34 Killed, Another 40 Iraqis Wounded
At least 34 were killed and 40 more were wounded across Iraq. Residents are apparently returning to Ramadi even though clashes and shelling continued in the city.
In Hit, a suicide bomber wounded at least 12 people.
Four people were wounded, including children, when a shell struck their home in Falluja.
Three policemen were killed and eight more were wounded when gunmen attacked their checkpoint in al-Sehaji.
Gunmen killed three people and wounded a woman in an orchard near Baquba.
Gunmen killed two Peshmerga members in Diyala province.
In Mosul, a bomb targeting Peshmerga members killed a civilian and wounded another instead.
A doctor was shot to death in Basra.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Blasts in Baghdad; 50 Killed in Iraq – June 30th, 2016
- Airstrikes near Fallujah Kill Hundreds; 285 Killed in Iraq – June 29th, 2016
- Sinjar Mass Graves in Danger of Destruction; 197 Killed Across Iraq – June 28th, 2016
- Suicide Blast at Abu Ghraib Mosque; 166 Killed in Iraq – June 27th, 2016
- Iran Artillery Fire Wounds Civilians; 93 Killed in Iraq – June 26th, 2016