At least 34 were killed and 40 more were wounded across Iraq. Residents are apparently returning to Ramadi even though clashes and shelling continued in the city.
In Hit, a suicide bomber wounded at least 12 people.
Four people were wounded, including children, when a shell struck their home in Falluja.
Three policemen were killed and eight more were wounded when gunmen attacked their checkpoint in al-Sehaji.
Gunmen killed three people and wounded a woman in an orchard near Baquba.
Gunmen killed two Peshmerga members in Diyala province.
In Mosul, a bomb targeting Peshmerga members killed a civilian and wounded another instead.
A doctor was shot to death in Basra.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Looting, Violence Continues in Captured Towns; 57 Killed in Iraq – October 22nd, 2017
- Displaced Kurds Told Hometown Unsafe for Them to Return; 22 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2017
- Civilian Casualties in Battle at Kurdish Border; 67 Killed in Iraq – October 20th, 2017
- Security Forces Shoot Protesters in Kirkuk, Khanaqin; 18 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2017
- Peshmerga Casualty Figures Raised; 90 Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2017