Prominent Sheikh Among 34 Killed, Another 40 Iraqis Wounded
At least 34 were killed and 40 more were wounded across Iraq. Residents are apparently returning to Ramadi even though clashes and shelling continued in the city.
In Hit, a suicide bomber wounded at least 12 people.
Four people were wounded, including children, when a shell struck their home in Falluja.
Three policemen were killed and eight more were wounded when gunmen attacked their checkpoint in al-Sehaji.
Gunmen killed three people and wounded a woman in an orchard near Baquba.
Gunmen killed two Peshmerga members in Diyala province.
In Mosul, a bomb targeting Peshmerga members killed a civilian and wounded another instead.
A doctor was shot to death in Basra.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Attack on Forces in Anbar; 195 Killed in Iraq – April 29th, 2016
- Biden Visits Baghdad; 107 Killed in Iraq – April 28th, 2016
- Iraq Army Advances Towards Mosul; 311 Killed Across Country – April 27th, 2016
- 94 Killed Across Iraq; Tuz Khormato Still a Battle Zone – April 26th, 2016
- Clashes Continue in Tuz Khormato; 159 Killed in Iraq – April 25th, 2016