At least 51 people were killed and 62 more were killed across Iraq today. There were no major attacks or clashes.
Three militants were killed in Ramadi. A bomb killed three soldiers and wounded two more. Another eight militants were killed in clashes that also left two soldiers wounded. A family of five was wounded in shelling in Falluja.
In Mosul, a car bomb wounded four soldiers. A suicide bomber killed four people, including a civilian, and wounded five more. A series of bombs killed two policemen and wounded three more. Police killed three gunmen. A grenade wounded seven people. Another grenade wounded four people at a bank.
An I.E.D. in Canaan killed four people and wounded four more.
On a highway across the provincial border near Amiriya al-Falluja, a bomb killed four soldiers.
A car bomb in Bani Saad left three dead and seven wounded.
Two dumped bodies were found in Qayara.
A sticky bomb wounded two soldiers in Mahmoudiya.
The body of a former army officer was found dumped in Muqdadiya.
A roadside bomb in Habaniya killed three soldiers.
A suicide bomber was killed in Tikrit without causing other casualties.
A DAASH/ISIL camp was destroyed south of Mosul, but the number of casualties was not revealed.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017