At least 55 people were killed and 107 more were wounded in today’s attacks. Baghdad saw one significant bombers, but bombings and other violence was fairly widespread in the northern half of the country.
A suicide bomber struck near Anbar’s provincial headquarters in Ramadi, where he killed three soldiers and wounded 18 more. Two gunmen and another suicide bomber were killed in separate attacks. At least five more militants were killed.
In Baghdad, a car bomb killed 15 people and wounded at least 45 more in the Karrada district. A guard committed suicide at the Iranian embassy. Gunmen killed a civilian and wounded a policeman in other attacks. A dumped body was found. A roadside bomb wounded two children.
Four policemen were killed and three more were wounded in a small arms attack on their checkpoint in Baiji.
The bodies of four Sahwa members, who were kidnapped in Meshahda, were found hours later.
A car bomb at a market in the Hamrin area left three dead and seven wounded.
Three young men were shot to death in Baquba.
In Buhriz, a roadside bomb targeting a bus carrying teachers wounded 10 of them.
Bombs near Samarra policemen’s homes wounded a civilian bystander.
Security forces in Saidiya killed two militants, one of them a DAASH/ISIS leader.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Muqdadiya.
A gunman was killed in Shirqat.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018