At least 57 militants were killed today, but the number is likely higher. As it is the prayer day, reports may have been thinner than usual. There were clashes in Anbar but only one death was reported there. An Iraqi soldier and a child were wounded in attacks.
Iraqi troops have ended their weeklong assault on militants who took over the town of Suleiman Bek in Salah ad Din province. At least 48 of the militants were killed in this final push. However, local officials say that Iraqi security forces have failed to clear ISIS/DAASH militants entirely out of the city.
Seven militants were killed in operations near Mussayab, which suffered a mortar attack yesterday.
Clashes took place in al-Baghdadi, in Anbar province, but the number of casualties was not reported.
Falluja, on the other hand, was relatively quiet.
A sniper wounded a soldier in Yathrib.
A roadside bomb in Zab wounded a child.
Security forces killed a gunman in Saidiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018
- Large ISIS Convoy Crosses over from Syria; 27 Killed in Iraq – July 11th, 2018