At least 57 militants were killed today, but the number is likely higher. As it is the prayer day, reports may have been thinner than usual. There were clashes in Anbar but only one death was reported there. An Iraqi soldier and a child were wounded in attacks.
Iraqi troops have ended their weeklong assault on militants who took over the town of Suleiman Bek in Salah ad Din province. At least 48 of the militants were killed in this final push. However, local officials say that Iraqi security forces have failed to clear ISIS/DAASH militants entirely out of the city.
Seven militants were killed in operations near Mussayab, which suffered a mortar attack yesterday.
Clashes took place in al-Baghdadi, in Anbar province, but the number of casualties was not reported.
Falluja, on the other hand, was relatively quiet.
A sniper wounded a soldier in Yathrib.
A roadside bomb in Zab wounded a child.
Security forces killed a gunman in Saidiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017
- Clashes Reported in Kirkuk; 31 Killed Across Iraq – December 7th, 2017
- Kurdish Refugee Camp Bombed; 18 Killed in Iraq – December 6th, 2017