At least 27 people were killed and 70 were wounded in fresh violence. No new reports of casualties came out of Anbar today, and the government said it was winding down operations in Ramadi and Falluja. Baghdad and Mosul, however, saw plenty of attacks.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed four people and wounded 11 more in Shurta. Two people were killed and nine more were wounded in a blast in Maalef. A car bomb in Bayaa left two dead and 10 wounded. A later bomb there killed one person and wounded eight others. A body was found in Ilam. A sticky bomb wounded a policeman on Palestine Street. A Katyusha rocket attack left one dead soldier in the Green Zone.
In Mosul, gunmen killed a woman and wounded her husband. Security forces killed an ISIS leader. A suicide bomber wounded eight people, including two civilians, at an army base. A second suicide bomber killed two soldiers and wounded six more in a separate attack.
Gunmen in Tikrit killed three street cleaners and wounded two more.
One policeman was killed and four more were wounded in a roadside blast in Taji.
The bodies of two Sahwa members were found in Tarmiya.
A body was found in Mahmoudiya.
A blast in Kirkuk left five wounded.
Five civilians were wounded in a drive-by shooting in Qayara.
Three militants were killed during operation in Jurf al-Sakhar.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018
- Militiaman Shoots P.M.’s Security Officer; 32 Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2018
- Scattered ISIS Attacks near Kirkuk; 54 Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2018