Anbar’s health department reported that 60 people have been killed and 297 were wounded in attacks in Ramadi and Falluja since tensions began. Today, an army air strike in Ramadi left three civilians dead and seven more wounded. Shops reopened as residents began a return to Falluja. At least 28 insurgents were killed, according to a press release.
Near the Syrian border, security forces killed one insurgent and wounded at least 10 more.
In Mosul, gunmen killed a policeman and wounded another. Two soldiers were killed in a roadside blast. A car bomb killed a policeman and wounded three more. A woman was killed defending her home; she killed one gunman and wounded another.
A bomb in Kut killed a captain and wounded three others.
Mortar fire in Kirkuk wounded five soldiers.
Gunmen wounded a civilian in Kanaan.
A young man was gunned down in Nasariya.
In Baiji, a bomb wounded four policemen.
Several people were killed or wounded in a Sadr City blast.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019