In Mosul, a suicide bomber killed eight servicemembers and wounded 13 others, including civilians. Gunmen wounded two soldiers. A roadside bomb killed a child and wounded another. Two gunmen were killed in a clash that also left two policemen wounded. Gunmen killed a lawyer, who is also a retired military pilot.
An attack on a Garma army barracks killed four soldiers and wounded 10 more.
Gunmen killed four Sahwa members and wounded three more at a checkpoint in Abu Ghraib.
In Baghdad, a roadside bomb killed two people and wounded eight more in the Jihad neighborhood.
Two people were killed and another was wounded when gunmen attacked them in their car near Muqdadiya.
One Sahwa member was killed and seven more were wounded in Baiji when a suicide car bomber attacked their convoy.
A bomb killed one person and wounded four others in Baquba.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018