In Mosul, a suicide bomber killed eight servicemembers and wounded 13 others, including civilians. Gunmen wounded two soldiers. A roadside bomb killed a child and wounded another. Two gunmen were killed in a clash that also left two policemen wounded. Gunmen killed a lawyer, who is also a retired military pilot.
An attack on a Garma army barracks killed four soldiers and wounded 10 more.
Gunmen killed four Sahwa members and wounded three more at a checkpoint in Abu Ghraib.
In Baghdad, a roadside bomb killed two people and wounded eight more in the Jihad neighborhood.
Two people were killed and another was wounded when gunmen attacked them in their car near Muqdadiya.
One Sahwa member was killed and seven more were wounded in Baiji when a suicide car bomber attacked their convoy.
A bomb killed one person and wounded four others in Baquba.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017