At least 51 people were killed and 44 more were wounded in fresh violence. Arbaeen pilgrims and journalists were among today’s victims. over a dozen gunmen were also killed.
A suicide bomber blew up his car outside television studio in Tikrit, allowing four of his colleagues to get inside. There, two of them detonated their vests, while two more were shot dead by security. Six staff members were killed and six more were wounded. In a separate attack, gunmen killed four college students.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed three people and wounded nine more in Tobchi. Gunmen killed four men inside a Doura pet store. Two passengers were killed and nine more were wounded in an attack on a bus. Gunmen killed three pilgrims and wounded six more. An army officer was shot dead.
A rocket attack on a base in Zaidan left two soldiers dead and a captain wounded.
Gunmen killed one pilgrim and wounded four more in Baquba.
A barber was shot dead in Falluja.
Nine insurgents were killed in an operation in Wadi Horan.
In Mosul, two gunmen were killed during an attack on a checkpoint.
Several truck drivers were kidnapped in Anbar province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018