At least 51 people were killed and 44 more were wounded in fresh violence. Arbaeen pilgrims and journalists were among today’s victims. over a dozen gunmen were also killed.
A suicide bomber blew up his car outside television studio in Tikrit, allowing four of his colleagues to get inside. There, two of them detonated their vests, while two more were shot dead by security. Six staff members were killed and six more were wounded. In a separate attack, gunmen killed four college students.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed three people and wounded nine more in Tobchi. Gunmen killed four men inside a Doura pet store. Two passengers were killed and nine more were wounded in an attack on a bus. Gunmen killed three pilgrims and wounded six more. An army officer was shot dead.
A rocket attack on a base in Zaidan left two soldiers dead and a captain wounded.
Gunmen killed one pilgrim and wounded four more in Baquba.
A barber was shot dead in Falluja.
Nine insurgents were killed in an operation in Wadi Horan.
In Mosul, two gunmen were killed during an attack on a checkpoint.
Several truck drivers were kidnapped in Anbar province.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018