At least 30 people were killed and 53 more were wounded in today’s attacks. Once again Shi’ite pilgrims were targeted, and among those were Pakistani and Saudi victims.
A suicide bomber attacked a Shi’ite procession in Khalis, killing six people and wounding 16 more. The toll could have been higher if not for the actions of a policeman who died trying to stop the bomber.
Gunmen killed three Pakistanis in an attack on a bus carrying pilgrims in Samarra; another 12 Pakistanis and two Iraqis were wounded. A Saudi girl was killed and her mother was wounded in a separate attack.
In Mosul, a roadside bomb killed two soldiers and wounded two more. A civilian was killed and his sister was wounded in a small arms attack. Gunmen killed a policeman and wounded another. Two soldiers were shot and wounded. Security forces killed an extortionist. Gunmen killed a former political candidate. A soldier was shot and wounded.
An I.E.D. in Mushahda killed two soldiers and wounded three more.
Gunmen killed two government employees in Dowr.
Gunmen in Haditha killed a civilian.
Police killed a suicide bomber in Mahmoudiya.
Near Baquba, gunmen killed a former army officer.
In Baghdad, a dumped body was found.
Three policemen were wounded in a shooting at their Falluja checkpoint.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018
- ISIS Attack on Oil Field; 15 Killed in Iraq – October 10th, 2018
- Security Forces Among 13 Killed in Iraq – October 9th, 2018