At least 33 people were killed and 62 more were wounded in fresh attacks, several of them against pilgrims who are walking to Karbala for Arbaeen observances.
In Baghdad, four pilgrims were killed and 11 more were wounded in a grenade attack in the New Baghdad neighborhood. Another grenade attack left three dead and 14 wounded in Mashtal. Security forces killed five insurgents. An al-Qaeda leader was killed.
A roadside bomb in Samarra killed one and wounded three more policemen.
A bomb in Ramadi killed a soldier and wounded two others.
A police officer was killed in Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Airstrikes Leave Kurdish Fatalities; 14 Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2018
- India Abductees Found Dead Near Mosul; 72 Killed in Iraq – March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018