At least 33 people were killed and 62 more were wounded in fresh attacks, several of them against pilgrims who are walking to Karbala for Arbaeen observances.
In Baghdad, four pilgrims were killed and 11 more were wounded in a grenade attack in the New Baghdad neighborhood. Another grenade attack left three dead and 14 wounded in Mashtal. Security forces killed five insurgents. An al-Qaeda leader was killed.
A roadside bomb in Samarra killed one and wounded three more policemen.
A bomb in Ramadi killed a soldier and wounded two others.
A police officer was killed in Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018