At least 33 people were killed and 62 more were wounded in fresh attacks, several of them against pilgrims who are walking to Karbala for Arbaeen observances.
In Baghdad, four pilgrims were killed and 11 more were wounded in a grenade attack in the New Baghdad neighborhood. Another grenade attack left three dead and 14 wounded in Mashtal. Security forces killed five insurgents. An al-Qaeda leader was killed.
A roadside bomb in Samarra killed one and wounded three more policemen.
A bomb in Ramadi killed a soldier and wounded two others.
A police officer was killed in Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Commander Blamed for Iran Attack among 18 Killed in Iraq – October 16th, 2018
- 51 Bodies in ISIS Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – October 15th, 2018
- Sadr Colleague Among Seven Killed; 30 Found in Iraq Mass Grave – October 14th, 2018
- Mass Grave Gives up 78 Victims; 11 Recently Killed in Iraq – October 13th, 2018
- 30 Bodies in Mass Grave near Mosul; Two Killed in Iraq – October 11th, 2018