At least 33 people were killed and 62 more were wounded in fresh attacks, several of them against pilgrims who are walking to Karbala for Arbaeen observances.
In Baghdad, four pilgrims were killed and 11 more were wounded in a grenade attack in the New Baghdad neighborhood. Another grenade attack left three dead and 14 wounded in Mashtal. Security forces killed five insurgents. An al-Qaeda leader was killed.
A roadside bomb in Samarra killed one and wounded three more policemen.
A bomb in Ramadi killed a soldier and wounded two others.
A police officer was killed in Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Militia; 15 Killed in Iraq – December 15th, 2017
- Dozens of Sunnis Executed on Terror Charges; 53 Killed in Iraq – December 14th, 2017
- ISIS Attacks Troops, Mass Grave Found; 68 Killed in Iraq – December 13th, 2017
- UN Probes Right Abuses in Restive Tuz Khormato; Seven Killed in Iraq – December 12th, 2017
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017