In Mosul, gunmen attacked a mayor’s convoy and killed two bodyguards while wounding four others. A former candidate and her son were shot to death. Gunmen killed a policeman. One soldier was killed and another was wounded in a shooting.
In Baghdad, a bomb exploded near a Sahwa member’s home, killing a family member and wounding three other people. Gunmen killed an employee of the mayor’s office.
An I.E.D. in Madaen killed a Sahwa leader and his son.
Two disembodied heads were discovered in Saniya.
An I.E.D. in Muqdadiya killed two policemen.
Gunmen killed a lawyer in Kut.
Two policemen were wounded in an I.E.D. blast in Haswa.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018