In a rare attack for Kurdistan, a journalist was assassinated at his home in Kalar. His mother witnessed the shooting.
Three policemen were killed and four more were wounded in a Tikrit suicide bombing. A sticky bomb wounded a federal policeman.
A blast at the Suleiman Pak home of an army officer wounded two relatives.
A roadside bomb wounded a police official in Ana.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018