Suicide bombers attacked several security-oriented locations across Iraq. In those and other attacks at least 67 people were killed and 98 more were wounded. Bombers briefly held one police station hostage in Tikrit.
Three suicide bombers attacked a government building in Tikrit and held a number of people hostage. At least 22 were killed and 30 more were wounded, most of them policemen. A fourth bomber escaped. In a separate attack, a sticky bomb wounded a major.
Balad Ruz, one civilian was killed and eight more were wounded in a blast. A sticky bomb exploded at a garage, killing one civilian and wounding four more. A suicide bomber killed two policemen and wounded four more. Another suicide bomber was killed in a separate event.
Gunmen killed seven civilians who were on a hunting trip near Wadi Horan.
Two people were killed and eight more were wounded during a blast at a vegetable market in Abu Ghraib.
One person was killed and four more were wounded by a blast in Tuz Khormato.
A blast killed a policeman and wounded two more in Haswa.
A roadside bomb in Qaim killed a driver and wounded his passenger.
Gunman killed a village major in Jazira.
An I.E.D. wounded two people in Harouniya.
In Muqdadiya, one gunman was killed and another was wounded as they tried to assemble a bomb.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018
- Protests Spread Through Southern Provinces; 7 Killed, 57 Wounded in Iraq – July 13th, 2018
- Oil Field Protests Escalate; 13 Killed in Iraq – July 12th, 2018