At least 46 people were killed and 70 more were wounded in today’s violence. In the bloodiest attack, a suicide bomber struck at a funeral in Diyala province.
In Baghdad, a sticky bomb killed a government employee in the Adhamiya area. A real estate agent was killed in a sticky bomb blast in Doura. Five family members were killed in a home invasion. Three policemen were killed and six more were wounded in a blast. Two brothers were gunned down in Bayaa.
A double bombing in Saidiya left six dead and five wounded.
An I.E.D. in Husseiniya killed one person and wounded five more.
Gunmen killed a policeman and wounded three more in Tikrit.
In Abu Ghraib a bomb killed a civilian and wounded another.
A sticky bomb in Ramadi killed a civilian and wounded another.
In Mosul, a teacher was gunned down.
The body of a kidnapped Sahwa member was found in Zab.
Gunmen killed a chieftain in al-Hayy.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018