58 Killed, 82 Wounded As Suicide Bombers Target Iraq Army Bases
In Mosul, a bomb killed four people, including a civilian, and wounded two more. Gunmen killed two civilians and wounded a woman. A policeman was gunned down as he walked into a restaurant. A bomb killed two soldiers and wounded four more.
Two people were killed and six more were wounded in a blast in Madaen.
A small arms attack left two policemen dead and three more wounded in Tikrit.
In Baquba, a car bomb killed two policemen and wounded a civilian.
Two bombs in Qadisiya wounded three people.
An employee of the Baiji refinery was kidnapped on his way home.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 4,547 Killed in August Bloodshed across Iraq – September 1st, 2015
- 150 Killed in Iraq, including Rutba Demonstrators – August 31st, 2015
- ISIS Militants Fight, Execute Each Other; 169 Killed across Iraq – August 30th, 2015
- Arrests in Anti-ISIS Protest; 102 Killed across Iraq – August 29th, 2015
- Protests Resume in Baghdad; 88 Killed across Iraq – August 28th, 2015