58 Killed, 82 Wounded As Suicide Bombers Target Iraq Army Bases
In Mosul, a bomb killed four people, including a civilian, and wounded two more. Gunmen killed two civilians and wounded a woman. A policeman was gunned down as he walked into a restaurant. A bomb killed two soldiers and wounded four more.
Two people were killed and six more were wounded in a blast in Madaen.
A small arms attack left two policemen dead and three more wounded in Tikrit.
In Baquba, a car bomb killed two policemen and wounded a civilian.
Two bombs in Qadisiya wounded three people.
An employee of the Baiji refinery was kidnapped on his way home.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Releases Beheading Video As 161 Are Killed Across Iraq – August 28th, 2014
- 168 Killed Across Iraq As U.S. and Militiamen Focus on Rescuing Turkmen in Amerli – August 27th, 2014
- Another Bombing in Baghdad; 80 Killed in Iraq – August 26th, 2014
- Bombers Return to Baghdad; 212 Killed, 184 Wounded – August 25th, 2014
- 119 Killed in Iraq As Airstrikes Continue – August 24th, 2014