Iraq: Bombers, Gunmen Leave 20 Dead, 72 Wounded
At least 20 Iraqis were killed and 72 more were wounded in today’s violence.
A bomb exploded near a new government building in Shirqat, where the blast killed seven people and wounded 36 more.
Gunmen killed two Sahwa members and wounded four more during a drive-by shooting at a Samarra checkpoint.
A roadside bomb killed two Sahwa members and wounded three more in Jazira.
In Balad, a bomb killed two civilians and wounded three more.
The bodies of two policemen who were kidnapped yesterday were found in Baaj.
A bomb in Mahlabiya killed one soldier and wounded four more.
A Sahwa leader was killed in a sticky bomb blast in Saniya.
A drive-by shooting in Falluja wounded four policemen.
In Qayara, a bomb wounded three policemen.
Gunmen wounded three people, one of them a civilian, in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 178 Killed, 95 Wounded in Numerous Attacks, Clashes Across Iraq – September 17th, 2014
- Shi’ite Militias Reject PM Ministry Picks; 67 Killed Across Iraq – September 16th, 2014
- As Diplomats Discuss Iraq, 86 Are Killed across Country – September 15th, 2014
- Falluja Hospital Bombed Again As 42 Killed Across Iraq – September 14th, 2014
- Iraq PM Promises No More Airstrikes on Civilians; 63 Killed, 22 Wounded – September 13th, 2014