Iraq: Bombers, Gunmen Leave 20 Dead, 72 Wounded
At least 20 Iraqis were killed and 72 more were wounded in today’s violence.
A bomb exploded near a new government building in Shirqat, where the blast killed seven people and wounded 36 more.
Gunmen killed two Sahwa members and wounded four more during a drive-by shooting at a Samarra checkpoint.
A roadside bomb killed two Sahwa members and wounded three more in Jazira.
In Balad, a bomb killed two civilians and wounded three more.
The bodies of two policemen who were kidnapped yesterday were found in Baaj.
A bomb in Mahlabiya killed one soldier and wounded four more.
A Sahwa leader was killed in a sticky bomb blast in Saniya.
A drive-by shooting in Falluja wounded four policemen.
In Qayara, a bomb wounded three policemen.
Gunmen wounded three people, one of them a civilian, in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 53 Killed, 106 Wounded As Noisy Celebrations Provide Cover for Iraq Attacks – March 5th, 2014
- Gunmen Attack Samarra Council; 42 Killed, 74 Wounded Across Iraq – March 4th, 2014
- Iraq Security Ops Continue: 97 Killed, 45 Wounded – March 3rd, 2014
- 131 Killed, 48 Wounded in Iraq, Including Scores of Militants – March 2nd, 2014
- Iraq Attacks Continue into March: 70 Killed, 50 Wounded – March 1st, 2014