Iraq: Bombers, Gunmen Leave 20 Dead, 72 Wounded
At least 20 Iraqis were killed and 72 more were wounded in today’s violence.
A bomb exploded near a new government building in Shirqat, where the blast killed seven people and wounded 36 more.
Gunmen killed two Sahwa members and wounded four more during a drive-by shooting at a Samarra checkpoint.
A roadside bomb killed two Sahwa members and wounded three more in Jazira.
In Balad, a bomb killed two civilians and wounded three more.
The bodies of two policemen who were kidnapped yesterday were found in Baaj.
A bomb in Mahlabiya killed one soldier and wounded four more.
A Sahwa leader was killed in a sticky bomb blast in Saniya.
A drive-by shooting in Falluja wounded four policemen.
In Qayara, a bomb wounded three policemen.
Gunmen wounded three people, one of them a civilian, in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Bombs and Battles Kill 243, Wound 139 Across Iraq – October 20th, 2014
- 146 Are Killed in Battles and Bombings Across Iraq – October 19th, 2014
- New Iraq Ministers Selected, As 294 Are Killed – October 18th, 2014
- No Halt in Baghdad Bombings; 142 Killed, 122 Wounded Across Iraq – October 17th, 2014
- As Bombers Strike Baghdad, Bodies Pile-up in Tikrit; 121 Killed, 157 Wounded – October 16th, 2014