Bomb explosions once again reverberated across the greater Baghdad area, but today’s attacks were spread far and wide. At least 23 people were killed today and 65 more were wounded in them.
In Baghdad, a bomb at a Nahrawan market left two dead and 15 wounded. A sticky bomb planted on a car killed an employee of the electricity ministry. A technical school student was killed when a sticky bomb exploded in Suleikh. A blast near a Husseiniya cafe left one dead and six wounded.
Bomb planted around policemen’s homes in Tarmiya exploded, killing four people and wounding 14 more.
In Mosul, a bomb killed four federal policemen and wounded three more.
Two people were killed and five more were wounded, including children, when bombs at a private home in Mussayab were detonated.
Gunmen killed the driver of a car and wounded his passenger in Muqdadiya.
A former colonel was killed in Falluja when a sticky bomb planted on his car exploded.
A roadside bomb wounded five soldiers in Riyadh.
Four policemen were wounded when a bomb was detonated in Hafriya.
A bomb being dismantled in Mansouriya wounded three soldiers when it exploded.
In Muqdadiya, a roadside bomb wounded three farmers.
Two people were wounded in a blast in Haswa.
Gunmen targeting a security official in Abu Saida injured a bodyguard.
Two people were abducted in Albu Ajeel.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Baghdad Drops Bombs on ISIS in Syria; Five Killed in Iraq – April 19th, 2018
- Mosul Courts Sentence Hundreds of Militants to Death; 13 Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2018
- Four ISIS Women Sentenced to Death; 10 Killed in Iraq – April 17th, 2018
- Iraqi Government Executes Terror Convicts; 52 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2018
- Bomb Targets Election Candidate; Two Killed in Iraq – April 15th, 2018