At least eight people were killed and 53 more were wounded in new violence. Fewer attacks occurred today, and they were light on fatalities.
In Baghdad, a car bomb outside a ministry building in Bataween killed one person and wounded five more. Then, a second blast left three dead and 10 wounded. A blast on Saadoun St. wounded three people. An army colonel was wounded in an I.E.D. blast on a highway north of the capital.
A sniper killed a soldier in Haswa.
A bomb in Mosul wounded four soldiers.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bombers Blow Themselves up; Four Killed in Iraq – March 24th, 2019
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019