At least 29 people were killed and 63 more were wounded in ongoing violence. Some of the casualties occurred during protests against generous benefits to lawmakers. The demonstrations took place in Baghdad and several cities across southern Iraq.
In Baghdad, gunmen stormed a small Tal Mohammad mosque where they killed five elderly worshippers and wounded a sixth one. Another attack at a mosque in Jamiaa left one dead and four wounded. A bomb in Amiriya wounded six people.
A roadside bomb in Dujail blasted a farmer’s vehicle, killing three girls and wounding their parents and brother.
A bomb in a Madaen market killed one person and wounded eight more.
One Sahwa member was killed and four more were wounded in an I.E.D. blast in Tarmiya.
A blast at a farm in Diyala province left two dead and two wounded.
A policeman was killed and another was wounded in a shooting in Falluja.
At least 11 people were wounded during protests in Nasariya.
An I.E.D. in Abu Ghraib wounded three soldiers.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Suicide Bombers Blow Themselves up; Four Killed in Iraq – March 24th, 2019
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019