Attacks Against Kurds, Sahwa Leave 22 Dead in Iraq
Friday: 22 Killed, 27 Wounded
A double bombing in a Kurdish neighborhood of Tuz Khormato left 13 dead and 18 wounded. The first blast drew spectators, many of them children, to a second bomb.
A Sahwa member was killed and his driver was wounded when a bomb exploded in Marmiya.
Gunmen killed a Sahwa member in Jurf al-Sakhar.
An I.E.D. blast killed a Sahwa member near his Muqdadiya home.
Two Sahwa were wounded when gunmen attacked them in Shurqat.
In Mualimeen, a bomb wounded a civilian.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Militants Launch Takeover of Iraq Town; 35 Killed, 53 Wounded – April 18th, 2014
- Army Base Attacked; 106 Iraqis Killed, 79 Wounded – April 17th, 2014
- Anbar Gov’t Compound Targeted; 104 Killed, 95 Wounded Across Iraq – April 16th, 2014
- 55 Killed, 44 Wounded Across Iraq As Abu Ghraib Prison Is Shut Down – April 15th, 2014
- Militants Shut Down Iraq Dam Again; 57 Killed, 19 Wounded – April 14th, 2014