25 Iraqis Killed in Raids, Gunfire and Blasts
Tuesday: 25 Killed, 13 Wounded
Including nine suspects who died in security raids, at least 25 Iraqis were killed and 13 more were wounded. Also, a court threw out a law that would prevent divisive Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki from running for a third term as premier.
Nine suspects were killed in raids north of Baghdad. Over 300 other people were arrested. The raids, which are being conducted by the central government, have been controversial. Sunni leaders have claimed that many innocent people were detained in them. A local councilman was among today’s detainees. Forces were also repelled from a protest.
Five people were killed and seven more were wounded when two bombs exploded at an elder’s home in Madaen; the elder was unharmed.
A bomb in Qayara killed three soldiers, one of them an officer.
One policeman was killed and another was wounded during a shooting at a Falluja checkpoint.
Gunmen killed a soldier in Jalawla.
In Baghdad, a sticky bomb planted on a car at the Sunni Endowment office wounded a driver.
A roadside bomb wounded a civilian in Baquba.
An I.E.D. in Shirqat wounded two policemen.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Australian Strikes Claim Militants; 229 Killed Across Iraq – November 25th, 2014
- 83 Killed As Peshmerga Ask Badr Brigades For Control of Iraq Town – November 24th, 2014
- Mass Grave Found Near Mosul; 314 Killed Across Iraq – November 23rd, 2014
- Iraq Attacks, Strikes Leave 203 Dead, 111 Wounded – November 22nd, 2014
- ISIS Attacks Ramadi; 168 Killed Across Iraq – November 21st, 2014