The violence spread east and south from Baghdad in Diyala and Babil provinces. A least 29 people were killed and 76 more were wounded.
Five people were killed and 17 more were wounded in a blast at a restaurant in Mualimeen.
A bomb at a Saidiya market left three dead and 11 wounded.
In Gatoun, a bomb killed four people and wounded two more.
A blast in Mussayab left three dead and two wounded.
A car bomb in Falluja killed three people.
One person was killed and three more were wounded in a blast near a Mahaweel police station.
A policeman was gunned down and his brother was wounded in Muqdadiya.
Four policemen were wounded in a blast targeting a police chief in Hammam al-Alil.
A sticky bomb wounded a civilian in Tikrit.
In Jurf al-Sakhar, the body of an insurgent was discovered bearing gunshot wounds.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019
- ISIS Executes Another Truffle Hunter; Two People Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2019