At least 35 people were killed and 35 more were wounded in today’s attacks.
Eleven people were killed and 15 more were wounded when a bomb exploded near some shops in the Baquba neighborhood of Mafraq. At least four more were killed and 11 were wounded in this and/or another bombing.
A bomb killed three people and wounded four more in Falluja.
Two policemen were killed and two more were wounded in a blast in Hammam al-Alil.
Gunmen killed four soldiers in Qayara.
In Baghdad, a sticky bomb killed a police colonel.
Security forces killed an al-Qaeda leader in Imam Weis.
In Shirqat, two gunmen were killed during an attack on a police station.
Two gunmen were killed during an operation in Tel al-Roman.
An oil employee was kidnapped in Tikrit.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Basra Protests Turn Violent Again; Two Killed in Iraq – January 18th, 2019
- 40 Bodies in ISIS Grave; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 16th, 2019
- Scattered Attacks Leave Four Dead in Iraq – January 15th, 2019
- Children Wounded in Roadside Blast; Two Killed in Iraq – January 13th, 2019
- ISIS Members Poisoned by Relative; Seven Killed in Iraq – January 12th, 2019