At least 35 people were killed and 35 more were wounded in today’s attacks.
Eleven people were killed and 15 more were wounded when a bomb exploded near some shops in the Baquba neighborhood of Mafraq. At least four more were killed and 11 were wounded in this and/or another bombing.
A bomb killed three people and wounded four more in Falluja.
Two policemen were killed and two more were wounded in a blast in Hammam al-Alil.
Gunmen killed four soldiers in Qayara.
In Baghdad, a sticky bomb killed a police colonel.
Security forces killed an al-Qaeda leader in Imam Weis.
In Shirqat, two gunmen were killed during an attack on a police station.
Two gunmen were killed during an operation in Tel al-Roman.
An oil employee was kidnapped in Tikrit.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Random Attacks Rattle North; 23 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2018
- Nine Militants Killed During Security Operations in Iraq – October 20th, 2018
- Anti-ISIS Imam Among 11 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2018
- Over 2,200 Bodies Exhumed in Mosul Region; Four Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2018
- Iraq Executes Six Convicts; 14 Others Killed in Attacks – October 17th, 2018