At least 35 people were killed and 35 more were wounded in today’s attacks.
Eleven people were killed and 15 more were wounded when a bomb exploded near some shops in the Baquba neighborhood of Mafraq. At least four more were killed and 11 were wounded in this and/or another bombing.
A bomb killed three people and wounded four more in Falluja.
Two policemen were killed and two more were wounded in a blast in Hammam al-Alil.
Gunmen killed four soldiers in Qayara.
In Baghdad, a sticky bomb killed a police colonel.
Security forces killed an al-Qaeda leader in Imam Weis.
In Shirqat, two gunmen were killed during an attack on a police station.
Two gunmen were killed during an operation in Tel al-Roman.
An oil employee was kidnapped in Tikrit.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Electric Infrastructure Targeted; Six Killed in Iraq – August 17th, 2018
- Six Executed in Iraq; Six Others Killed Across Country – August 16th, 2018
- Protests in Basra Ramp up Again; 30 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2018
- Bombers Return to Sadr City; Five Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2018
- Child Injured in Checkpoint Attack; Six Killed in Iraq – August 13th, 2018