At least 39 people were killed and 111 more were wounded in continued violence. The worst attack occurred in Tikrit where dozens were killed or wounded. The Kirkuk area also saw a large number of wounded, but those bombs failed to kill anyone.
At least 19 people were killed and 50 more were wounded in Tikrit when gunmen stormed a home belonging to an employee of an anti-crime official. There they planted bombs that destroyed the home and several other buildings. At a separate location, an explosives expert was killed and a policeman was wounded while trying to dismantle a bomb.
In Mosul, a roadside bomb killed three policemen and wounded two more. A second bomb, also targeting police, instead killed a civilian and wounded two more bystanders. Separately, security forces killed two gunmen. Another bomb killed a girl and wounded three others.
Two women were killed in an I.E.D. blast outside their Ramadi home.
Gunmen in Garma killed a civilian.
A roadside bomb killed one policeman and wounded three more in Duluiya.
A sticky bomb killed a civilian in Shirqat.
A roadside bomb wounded two people in Falluja.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019