The United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq released their estimates for July casualties in Iraq. They found that 1,057 Iraqis were killed during the month, while another 2,326 more were wounded. Agence Presse-France, using Iraqi government figures, found that 921 were killed and 1,567 were wounded. During July, Antiwar.com, in this column, compiled 1,336 deaths and 2,526 wounded from various media sources.
At least 21 Iraqis were killed today, and another 30 were wounded.
Gunmen killed four soldiers and wounded four more, including the driver of the minibus they were riding in Dijla.
Two peddlers were gunned down in Jurf al-Sakhar.
In Baghdad, a bomb killed one civilian and wounded six others.
Gunmen killed a crane operator in Zubayr.
Security forces killed a suicide bomber in Abu Ghraib.
A bomb in Shirqat wounded four soldiers. Two policemen were killed and two more were wounded south of town.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019
- Two militiamen Among 11 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2019
- ISIS Executes Another Truffle Hunter; Two People Killed in Iraq – March 13th, 2019
- Tribal Fighting Leaves Casualties; Five Killed in Iraq – March 12th, 2019