At least 33 people were killed, and 73 more were wounded in the latest violence. Although there were many attacks, they did not seem coordinated.
In Baghdad, a bomb near a Furat grocery store left one person dead and one injured. Six people were wounded in a blast in Jamiaa. An I.E.D. in Sabaa al-Bour wounded four people. At least six more people were killed in these or other attacks. Police arrested a suicide bomber as he tried to enter a government building.
In Mualamin, a bomb targeting young men at a popular shop killed five of them and wounded 16 more when it exploded.
In Kirkuk, a sticky bomb killed one policeman and wounded another. Another sticky bomb wounded a policeman north of town. A civilian was also killed and three more were wounded in two more blasts.
A small arms attack in Essouira left one policeman dead.
Police liberated eight people from their kidnappers in Samarra. Before returning to their homes, the eight victims were treated at hospital.
Two abducted children were liberated in Sadr City.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Attacks Federal Police; Four Killed in Iraq – April 18th, 2019
- Roadside Bomb Targets Soldiers; 23 Killed in Iraq – April 16th, 2019
- Militia Attacks Police in Mosul; Eight Killed in Iraq – April 14th, 2019
- Security Personnel Clash with ISIS; Seven Killed in Iraq – April 12th, 2019
- Large-scale anti-ISIS operation; 18 Killed in Iraq – April 11th, 2019