Clashes broke out during simultaneous attacks on prisons in Taji and Abu Ghraib. The attempts to break in were foiled, but at least two prison guards were killed and five others were wounded.
Four people were killed and 15 more were wounded at a Taji fish market when a bomb was detonated.
At a checkpoint in Makmoor, five Peshmerga were shot dead.
A bomb at a Sahwa member’s home in Baismaya exploded, killing two people and wounding four more.
A mosque muezzin was shot and killed in Hilla.
A bomb targeting Sahwa members in Qadisiya wounded a civilian instead.
In Mosul, gunmen killed two policemen at a checkpoint.
A bomb in Wajihiya killed two people and wounded two more.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Truffle Gatherers Under Attack; Three Killed in Iraq – March 22nd, 2019
- 30 Found in Yazidi Mass Grave; Three Killed in Iraq – March 21st, 2019
- Soldiers Ambushed near Baghdad; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2019
- PKK in Fresh Clashes; Eight Killed in Iraq – March 17th, 2019
- Eight Killed in Iraq as Turks Battle PKK – March 16th, 2019