At least five Iraqis were killed and seven more were wounded. An unknown number of people were wounded at a mosque south of Baghdad as well.
In Mosul, gunmen killed an oil ministry employee and wounded his brother. An I.E.D. killed a soldier and wounded another.
Gunmen killed a civilian in Abu Saida.
A policeman was wounded during a small arms attack in Rawa.
Several people were wounded when two sound bombs were detonated at a mosque in Mahmoudiya.
A car bomb targeting a Peshmerga commander wounded a policeman in Kirkuk.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Several ISIS Attacks Against Security Personnel; 66 Killed in Iraq – August 16th, 2017
- Airstrikes Push Refugees out of Tal Afar; 66 Killed in Iraq – August 15th, 2017
- New Camp Speicher Mass Grave Found; 31 Killed in Iraq – August 14th, 2017
- Two US Service Members Among 59 Killed in Iraq – August 13th, 2017
- Explosion Kills Caliphate Cubs; 75 Killed Across Iraq – August 12th, 2017