Fewer attacks today meant fewer casualties, but at least 22 Iraqis were killed and 65 more were wounded in them.
A mortar attack targeting swimmers in the Tigris River near Samarra left seven dead and 15 wounded. A 10-year-old was among the dead.
One gunman was killed and six soldiers were wounded in a raid in Mahmoudiya.
A multiple bomb attack in Tuz Khormato left nine wounded.
In Mosul, a suicide bomber killed two people and wounded six more. A bomb killed one person and wounded two others. Gunmen killed a policeman and soldier in separate locations.
An I.E.D. wounded three soldiers in Zaidan.
Gunmen in Hammam al-Alil killed a policeman.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Looting, Violence Continues in Captured Towns; 57 Killed in Iraq – October 22nd, 2017
- Displaced Kurds Told Hometown Unsafe for Them to Return; 22 Killed in Iraq – October 21st, 2017
- Civilian Casualties in Battle at Kurdish Border; 67 Killed in Iraq – October 20th, 2017
- Security Forces Shoot Protesters in Kirkuk, Khanaqin; 18 Killed in Iraq – October 19th, 2017
- Peshmerga Casualty Figures Raised; 90 Killed in Iraq – October 18th, 2017