Fewer attacks today meant fewer casualties, but at least 22 Iraqis were killed and 65 more were wounded in them.
A mortar attack targeting swimmers in the Tigris River near Samarra left seven dead and 15 wounded. A 10-year-old was among the dead.
One gunman was killed and six soldiers were wounded in a raid in Mahmoudiya.
A multiple bomb attack in Tuz Khormato left nine wounded.
In Mosul, a suicide bomber killed two people and wounded six more. A bomb killed one person and wounded two others. Gunmen killed a policeman and soldier in separate locations.
An I.E.D. wounded three soldiers in Zaidan.
Gunmen in Hammam al-Alil killed a policeman.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- More Humanitarian Aid Planned; Seven Killed in Iraq – June 16th, 2018
- Forty ISIS Bodies Found in Grave; 28 Killed in Iraq – June 15th, 2018
- Euphrates Fills with Bodies Floating in from Syria; 18 Killed or Found Dead in Iraq – June 14th, 2018
- South Korea Delivers Promised T-50 Jets; Six Killed in Iraq – June 13th, 2018
- Abadi Calls Turkey’s Claims of PKK Operations ‘Propaganda;’ Three Killed in Iraq – June 12th, 2018