Young Iraqi Swimmers Targeted As Attacks Leave 22 Dead
Monday: 22 Killed, 65 Wounded
Fewer attacks today meant fewer casualties, but at least 22 Iraqis were killed and 65 more were wounded in them.
A mortar attack targeting swimmers in the Tigris River near Samarra left seven dead and 15 wounded. A 10-year-old was among the dead.
One gunman was killed and six soldiers were wounded in a raid in Mahmoudiya.
A multiple bomb attack in Tuz Khormato left nine wounded.
In Mosul, a suicide bomber killed two people and wounded six more. A bomb killed one person and wounded two others. Gunmen killed a policeman and soldier in separate locations.
An I.E.D. wounded three soldiers in Zaidan.
Gunmen in Hammam al-Alil killed a policeman.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 178 Killed, 95 Wounded in Numerous Attacks, Clashes Across Iraq – September 17th, 2014
- Shi’ite Militias Reject PM Ministry Picks; 67 Killed Across Iraq – September 16th, 2014
- As Diplomats Discuss Iraq, 86 Are Killed across Country – September 15th, 2014
- Falluja Hospital Bombed Again As 42 Killed Across Iraq – September 14th, 2014
- Iraq PM Promises No More Airstrikes on Civilians; 63 Killed, 22 Wounded – September 13th, 2014