Young Iraqi Swimmers Targeted As Attacks Leave 22 Dead
Monday: 22 Killed, 65 Wounded
Fewer attacks today meant fewer casualties, but at least 22 Iraqis were killed and 65 more were wounded in them.
A mortar attack targeting swimmers in the Tigris River near Samarra left seven dead and 15 wounded. A 10-year-old was among the dead.
One gunman was killed and six soldiers were wounded in a raid in Mahmoudiya.
A multiple bomb attack in Tuz Khormato left nine wounded.
In Mosul, a suicide bomber killed two people and wounded six more. A bomb killed one person and wounded two others. Gunmen killed a policeman and soldier in separate locations.
An I.E.D. wounded three soldiers in Zaidan.
Gunmen in Hammam al-Alil killed a policeman.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Iraq Candidates Targeted; 69 Killed 73 Wounded – April 19th, 2014
- Militants Launch Takeover of Iraq Town; 35 Killed, 53 Wounded – April 18th, 2014
- Army Base Attacked; 106 Iraqis Killed, 79 Wounded – April 17th, 2014
- Anbar Gov’t Compound Targeted; 104 Killed, 95 Wounded Across Iraq – April 16th, 2014
- 55 Killed, 44 Wounded Across Iraq As Abu Ghraib Prison Is Shut Down – April 15th, 2014