Young Iraqi Swimmers Targeted As Attacks Leave 22 Dead
Monday: 22 Killed, 65 Wounded
Fewer attacks today meant fewer casualties, but at least 22 Iraqis were killed and 65 more were wounded in them.
A mortar attack targeting swimmers in the Tigris River near Samarra left seven dead and 15 wounded. A 10-year-old was among the dead.
One gunman was killed and six soldiers were wounded in a raid in Mahmoudiya.
A multiple bomb attack in Tuz Khormato left nine wounded.
In Mosul, a suicide bomber killed two people and wounded six more. A bomb killed one person and wounded two others. Gunmen killed a policeman and soldier in separate locations.
An I.E.D. wounded three soldiers in Zaidan.
Gunmen in Hammam al-Alil killed a policeman.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Issues New Threat As 146 Are Killed Across Iraq – August 19th, 2014
- Kurds Are Willing To Talk With Baghdad; 78 Killed Across Iraq – August 18th, 2014
- 186 Killed Across Iraq As Kurds Try To Retake Mosul Dam – August 17th, 2014
- U.S. Airstrikes Target Mosul Dam region; 114 Killed in Iraq – August 16th, 2014
- ISIS Takes Another Yazidi Town; 183 Killed Across Iraq – August 15th, 2014