Young Iraqi Swimmers Targeted As Attacks Leave 22 Dead
Monday: 22 Killed, 65 Wounded
Fewer attacks today meant fewer casualties, but at least 22 Iraqis were killed and 65 more were wounded in them.
A mortar attack targeting swimmers in the Tigris River near Samarra left seven dead and 15 wounded. A 10-year-old was among the dead.
One gunman was killed and six soldiers were wounded in a raid in Mahmoudiya.
A multiple bomb attack in Tuz Khormato left nine wounded.
In Mosul, a suicide bomber killed two people and wounded six more. A bomb killed one person and wounded two others. Gunmen killed a policeman and soldier in separate locations.
An I.E.D. wounded three soldiers in Zaidan.
Gunmen in Hammam al-Alil killed a policeman.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Attacks Border Checkpoint; 117 Killed in Iraq – February 24th, 2017
- Mosul Airport, Army Base Captured; 83 Killed in Iraq – February 23rd, 2017
- U.S. Forces Shot at in Mosul; 130 Killed in Iraq – February 22nd, 2017
- Civilians Flee Renewed Fighting in Mosul; 155 Killed in Iraq – February 21st, 2017
- Non-combat Death of U.S. Servicemember; 144 Others Killed in Iraq – February 20th, 2017