Young Iraqi Swimmers Targeted As Attacks Leave 22 Dead
Monday: 22 Killed, 65 Wounded
Fewer attacks today meant fewer casualties, but at least 22 Iraqis were killed and 65 more were wounded in them.
A mortar attack targeting swimmers in the Tigris River near Samarra left seven dead and 15 wounded. A 10-year-old was among the dead.
One gunman was killed and six soldiers were wounded in a raid in Mahmoudiya.
A multiple bomb attack in Tuz Khormato left nine wounded.
In Mosul, a suicide bomber killed two people and wounded six more. A bomb killed one person and wounded two others. Gunmen killed a policeman and soldier in separate locations.
An I.E.D. wounded three soldiers in Zaidan.
Gunmen in Hammam al-Alil killed a policeman.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Shi’ite Militia Accused of Kidnapping; 91 Killed in Iraq – February 12th, 2016
- Thousands Homeless in Anbar; 72 Killed in Iraq – February 11th, 2016
- 96 Killed Across Iraq as Fighting Shifts West of Ramadi – February 10th, 2016
- Security Forces Finish Securing Ramadi; 285 Killed in Iraq – February 9th, 2016
- Troops Recapture Anbar Town; 120 Killed Across Iraq – February 8th, 2016