Syrian rebels fired at an Iraqi border post in the al-Waleed area, killing one Iraqi guard and wounding two more.
A civilian was killed and three more were wounded in a blast in Shirqat.
The body of a Sahwa member was found dumped in Riyadh. The corpse was booby-trapped, but a bomb disposal unit was able to defuse the bomb left on the body.
Gunmen assassinated a Sahwa leader in Garma.
A roadside bomb in Qayara left two soldiers with injuries.
In Mosul, a police official and his companion were wounded in a bombing.
An I.E.D. wounded two federal policemen in Saqlawiya.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Thousands of Dead Remain Under Mosul Rubble; 46 Killed in Iraq – August 23rd, 2017
- Security Forces Pierce Tal Afar City Limits; 65 Killed in Iraq – August 22nd, 2017
- Tal Afar Oil Wells on Fire; 49 Killed in Iraq – August 21st, 2017
- Fears for Civilians as Tal Afar Operation Moves Forward; 12 Killed in Iraq – August 20th, 2017
- Tal Afar Operation Starts; 91 Killed in Iraq – August 19th, 2017