Three Syrians Among Ten Killed in Iraq Attacks
Sunday: 10 Killed, 8 Wounded
At least 10 people were killed and eight more were wounded in today’s violence. Three of the dead were Syrians. Also, at east five people were kidnapped, but two other abduction victims were liberated.
Gunmen set up a fake checkpoint in Rutba where they killed four people. Three of the dead were Syrian truck drivers. Five people were kidnapped by the gunmen. Separately, the body of a policeman was discovered. Clashes also took place.
In Falluja, gunmen killed a man and wounded his wife; the man was later identified as a cousin of the deputy chairman of the provincial council. A soldier was gunned down. Gunmen also killed a lieutenant colonel.
One policeman was killed and two more were wounded in Tikrit during a drive-by shooting that included the use of hand grenades.
Five people were wounded at a playground in Muqdadiya.
Gunmen killed and advisor to the Iraqi defense minister in Mosul.
In Dor, authorities discovered a bomb planted on a policeman’s care and defused it.
Police liberated a kidnapped child in Basra.
The abducted nephew of an army officer was liberated in Kirkuk.
A bomb in Tal Afar left no casualties.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Military Operations, Attacks Across Iraq Leave 692 Killed – January 25th, 2015
- Bombers Return to Baghdad; 134 Killed across Iraq – January 24th, 2015
- 82 Killed in Iraq; Peshmerga Shell Central Mosul – January 23rd, 2015
- 118 Killed in Iraq, Tribal Fighters Threaten To Quit Battle in Anbar – January 22nd, 2015
- Kurdish Forces Launch Operation in Northern Iraq, Hundreds Reported Killed – January 21st, 2015