Three Syrians Among Ten Killed in Iraq Attacks
Sunday: 10 Killed, 8 Wounded
At least 10 people were killed and eight more were wounded in today’s violence. Three of the dead were Syrians. Also, at east five people were kidnapped, but two other abduction victims were liberated.
Gunmen set up a fake checkpoint in Rutba where they killed four people. Three of the dead were Syrian truck drivers. Five people were kidnapped by the gunmen. Separately, the body of a policeman was discovered. Clashes also took place.
In Falluja, gunmen killed a man and wounded his wife; the man was later identified as a cousin of the deputy chairman of the provincial council. A soldier was gunned down. Gunmen also killed a lieutenant colonel.
One policeman was killed and two more were wounded in Tikrit during a drive-by shooting that included the use of hand grenades.
Five people were wounded at a playground in Muqdadiya.
Gunmen killed and advisor to the Iraqi defense minister in Mosul.
In Dor, authorities discovered a bomb planted on a policeman’s care and defused it.
Police liberated a kidnapped child in Basra.
The abducted nephew of an army officer was liberated in Kirkuk.
A bomb in Tal Afar left no casualties.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Shelling and Bombings Kill 42, Wound 62 Across Iraq – March 7th, 2014
- More Bloodshed in Iraq: 82 Killed, 176 Wounded – March 6th, 2014
- 53 Killed, 106 Wounded As Noisy Celebrations Provide Cover for Iraq Attacks – March 5th, 2014
- Gunmen Attack Samarra Council; 42 Killed, 74 Wounded Across Iraq – March 4th, 2014
- Iraq Security Ops Continue: 97 Killed, 45 Wounded – March 3rd, 2014