Iraq launched a massive operation across Anbar and Nineva provinces. According to the government, the mission was to raid al-Qaeda strongholds and strengthen border security. Several al-Qaeda suspects were killed, including two senior commanders. Overall, at least 20 people were killed and 44 more were wounded.
Five soldiers were killed in a roadside bombing in Hit.
Five policemen were killed or injured when a bomb exploded at a Tikrit gas station.
Near Baquba, Diyala’s governor came under a bomb and small arms attack in which one bodyguard was wounded.
A pair of bombs targeting an army deputy commander in Awja wounded two bodyguards when it exploded.
Gunmen in Falluja wounded two civilians traveling in a car. Four soldiers were wounded in a separate explosion. Gunmen killed an interior ministry staff member and wounded a second person.
A bomb on road in Abu Saida exploded and wounded a Sahwa member.
Clashes took place in Rawa.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Turkish Jets Strike PKK Camps; 38 Killed Across Iraq – December 11th, 2017
- Victory Parade in Green Zone; Seven Injured Across Iraq – December 10th, 2017
- Scattered Attacks Leave 51 Killed Across Iraq – December 9th, 2017
- Christians Again Displaced; 13 Killed in Iraq – December 8th, 2017
- Clashes Reported in Kirkuk; 31 Killed Across Iraq – December 7th, 2017