Iraq launched a massive operation across Anbar and Nineva provinces. According to the government, the mission was to raid al-Qaeda strongholds and strengthen border security. Several al-Qaeda suspects were killed, including two senior commanders. Overall, at least 20 people were killed and 44 more were wounded.
Five soldiers were killed in a roadside bombing in Hit.
Five policemen were killed or injured when a bomb exploded at a Tikrit gas station.
Near Baquba, Diyala’s governor came under a bomb and small arms attack in which one bodyguard was wounded.
A pair of bombs targeting an army deputy commander in Awja wounded two bodyguards when it exploded.
Gunmen in Falluja wounded two civilians traveling in a car. Four soldiers were wounded in a separate explosion. Gunmen killed an interior ministry staff member and wounded a second person.
A bomb on road in Abu Saida exploded and wounded a Sahwa member.
Clashes took place in Rawa.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Attacks on Kirkuk Province Highways; Four Killed in Iraq – March 19th, 2018
- Bodies Pollute River in Mosul; 12 Killed in Iraq – March 18th, 2018
- Seven U.S. Airmen Among 131 Killed in Iraq – March 16th, 2018
- U.S. Military Helicopter Crash; 63 Killed in Iraq – March 15th, 2018
- Mass Grave Found Near Kirkuk; 29 Killed in Iraq – March 14th, 2018