A clash a joint checkpoint in Garma left three security personnel killed and 18 more wounded. The forces included Sahwa fighters and regular army. What appears to be a separate attack on Sahwa members’ home, left two dead and seven wounded, including women and children. 20 42
Gunmen killed four soldiers and wounded five more at a checkpoint in Taji.
Three people were killed and two more were wounded when a bomb exploded in Kanaan.
A bomb in Qadisiya killed a policeman and wounded two more.
An I.E.D. targeting an army officer wounded him and a soldier in Shirqat.
Clashes in Rashad left two bystanders with injuries.
In Baghdad, a bomb critically wounded a Sahwa member.
Security forces liberated a man who was held captive on a farm near Baquba.
Seven electrical towers were destroyed in an attack on the Baiji-Baghdad line.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Amnesty Accuses Baghdad of Attacking Protesters; 4 Killed, 46 Wounded in Iraq – July 20th, 2018
- Mass Grave Yields 48 ISIS fighters; Seven Killed in Iraq – July 19th, 2018
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018