Tanker Bomber Attacks Officer’s Home in Northern Iraq; 30 Killed Across Country
Saturday: 30 killed, 50 Wounded
A suicide bomber drove a tanker truck to the Shirqat home of an army intelligence officer and detonated his explosives. At least 15 people were killed and 22 more were wounded. Although the officer was not at home when the bombing occurred, several members of his family, including his son, were killed.
In Baghdad, three people were killed and a fourth one was injured in a small arms attack in Tobchi. An I.E.D. blast in Kadhimiya killed two people and wounded 11 more.
Gunmen in Tikrit killed the owner of a money exchange office.
An anti-terrorism official was assassinated in Hit.
Gunmen wounded five policemen at a Qayara checkpoint.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Mass Graves in Western Iraq Drive Casualty Figure up to 470 Killed – October 30th, 2014
- ISIS Executes Dozens; 350 Killed Across Iraq – October 29th, 2014
- Battles Continue Near Iraq Capital; 162 Killed – October 28th, 2014
- Bombers Attack Civilian and Security Targets Across Iraq, 317 Killed – October 27th, 2014
- Iraq Battles Leave 238 Dead – October 26th, 2014