Tanker Bomber Attacks Officer’s Home in Northern Iraq; 30 Killed Across Country
Saturday: 30 killed, 50 Wounded
A suicide bomber drove a tanker truck to the Shirqat home of an army intelligence officer and detonated his explosives. At least 15 people were killed and 22 more were wounded. Although the officer was not at home when the bombing occurred, several members of his family, including his son, were killed.
In Baghdad, three people were killed and a fourth one was injured in a small arms attack in Tobchi. An I.E.D. blast in Kadhimiya killed two people and wounded 11 more.
Gunmen in Tikrit killed the owner of a money exchange office.
An anti-terrorism official was assassinated in Hit.
Gunmen wounded five policemen at a Qayara checkpoint.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Canadian PM Visits Iraq as 110 Are Killed – May 2nd, 2015
- Politicians Blame Anbar Refugees for Baghdad Blasts; 65 Killed across Iraq – May 1st, 2015
- 4,811 Killed in Iraq during April – April 30th, 2015
- 69 Killed across Iraq as Sadr Threatens Return to Fight – April 29th, 2015
- Dumped Bodies Rattle Baghdad; 48 Killed across Iraq – April 28th, 2015