Tanker Bomber Attacks Officer’s Home in Northern Iraq; 30 Killed Across Country
Saturday: 30 killed, 50 Wounded
A suicide bomber drove a tanker truck to the Shirqat home of an army intelligence officer and detonated his explosives. At least 15 people were killed and 22 more were wounded. Although the officer was not at home when the bombing occurred, several members of his family, including his son, were killed.
In Baghdad, three people were killed and a fourth one was injured in a small arms attack in Tobchi. An I.E.D. blast in Kadhimiya killed two people and wounded 11 more.
Gunmen in Tikrit killed the owner of a money exchange office.
An anti-terrorism official was assassinated in Hit.
Gunmen wounded five policemen at a Qayara checkpoint.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 257 Killed Across Iraq, Mostly In Security Ops – July 21st, 2014
- 131 Killed In Iraq As Deadline Passes for Christians To Leave Mosul – July 20th, 2014
- Bombers Return to Baghdad: 50 Killed, 92 Wounded – July 19th, 2014
- Iraq Security Ops Leave Over A Hundred Dead – July 18th, 2014
- Over 100 Killed in Iraq As Peshmerga Clash with Militants – July 17th, 2014