Tanker Bomber Attacks Officer’s Home in Northern Iraq; 30 Killed Across Country
Saturday: 30 killed, 50 Wounded
A suicide bomber drove a tanker truck to the Shirqat home of an army intelligence officer and detonated his explosives. At least 15 people were killed and 22 more were wounded. Although the officer was not at home when the bombing occurred, several members of his family, including his son, were killed.
In Baghdad, three people were killed and a fourth one was injured in a small arms attack in Tobchi. An I.E.D. blast in Kadhimiya killed two people and wounded 11 more.
Gunmen in Tikrit killed the owner of a money exchange office.
An anti-terrorism official was assassinated in Hit.
Gunmen wounded five policemen at a Qayara checkpoint.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- 60 Killed in Iraq, Including a U.S. Servicemember – April 29th, 2017
- Bomb Targets Baghdad Police Station; 221 Killed in Iraq – April 28th, 2017
- Fresh Civilian Airstrike Deaths; 151 Killed in Iraq – April 27th, 2017
- New Zealand and Australia Deploying More Troops; 134 Killed in Iraq – April 26th, 2017
- Turkish Friendly Fire Kills Kurdish Troops; 86 Killed in Iraq – April 25th, 2017