Tanker Bomber Attacks Officer’s Home in Northern Iraq; 30 Killed Across Country
Saturday: 30 killed, 50 Wounded
A suicide bomber drove a tanker truck to the Shirqat home of an army intelligence officer and detonated his explosives. At least 15 people were killed and 22 more were wounded. Although the officer was not at home when the bombing occurred, several members of his family, including his son, were killed.
In Baghdad, three people were killed and a fourth one was injured in a small arms attack in Tobchi. An I.E.D. blast in Kadhimiya killed two people and wounded 11 more.
Gunmen in Tikrit killed the owner of a money exchange office.
An anti-terrorism official was assassinated in Hit.
Gunmen wounded five policemen at a Qayara checkpoint.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- ISIS Executes Hundreds in Iraq – February 7th, 2016
- Suicide Bomber Strikes near US Base; 125 Killed Across Iraq – February 6th, 2016
- Civilian Casualties in Turkish Airstrikes as 174 Are Killed Across Iraq – February 5th, 2016
- String of Blasts Hits Baghdad; 283 Killed in Iraq – February 4th, 2016
- 111 Killed in Iraq; ISIS Attacks Ramadi Security Forces – February 3rd, 2016