A suicide bomber drove a tanker truck to the Shirqat home of an army intelligence officer and detonated his explosives. At least 15 people were killed and 22 more were wounded. Although the officer was not at home when the bombing occurred, several members of his family, including his son, were killed.
In Baghdad, three people were killed and a fourth one was injured in a small arms attack in Tobchi. An I.E.D. blast in Kadhimiya killed two people and wounded 11 more.
Gunmen in Tikrit killed the owner of a money exchange office.
An anti-terrorism official was assassinated in Hit.
Gunmen wounded five policemen at a Qayara checkpoint.
Read more by Margaret Griffis
- Kurdish-Iranian Activist Assassinated; Five Killed in Iraq – July 18th, 2018
- Jobs Protests Continue in the South; 36 Killed, 77 Wounded in Iraq – July 17th, 2018
- Peshmerga Killed in New Anti-ISIS Operation; 10 Killed in Iraq – July 16th, 2018
- Protests Enter Second Week; 14 Killed, 366 Wounded in Iraq – July 15th, 2018
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Continuing Protests in Southern Iraq – July 14th, 2018